Select Page

Winterton

Situated 2km ENE of Winterton Church was the site of Winterton aerodrome, a Class 2 Landing Ground. The site, which was L-shaped and covered an area of 55 acres (22 ha), was used by 33 (HD) Squadron between December 1916 and June 1919. Two landing strips of 600 and 400 yards (548 and 366 m) were provided.

Today the site is farmland.

 

Map: Winterton

Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire¬†–¬†¬†2013-2017