Select Page

Blyborough

Blyborough was a Class 1 night standing ground used by 33 (HD) Squadron between 1916 and early 1918. At the same time, 33 Squadron was based in Gainsborough, with flights at Brattleby, Elsham and Manton, Lincolnshire. The landing ground was located 2km East-North-East of Willoughton Church and lay between the A15 and B1398 just south of Blyborough Grange and covered some 50 acres.

Today it is farmland with no indication of its former use.

Map: Blyborough

Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire¬†–¬†¬†2013-2017