Select Page

New Holland

This Class 2 Landing Ground was used by 33 (HD) Squadron between December 1916 and June 1919. The 85 acre (34 ha) site was located between the Barton on Humber railway line and the Barrow Haven road. The site had two landing strips of 700 and 550 yards (640 and 503 m).

In 1919, New Holland landing ground was considered as a civil stop-over site for a proposed air route from Houslow to Renfrew, however, the proposal came to nothing and the site reverted to farmland.

Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire¬†–¬†¬†2013-2017