Select Page

Braceby

This Class 2 Landing Ground was to the east of Grantham, just south of the A52 and 1km west of Haceby Church.

The landing ground covered an area of 38 acres (15 ha) and had two grass strips measuring 450 and 500 yards (411 and 457 m) in length. The site was used by 38 Squadron from October 1916 until May 1918 and from August 1918 it was administered by 90 (HD) Squadron until 1919 when the land was relinquished.

Today the site of the landing ground is farmland with no indication of its former use.

Map: Braceby

Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire¬†–¬†¬†2013-2017